The vision and mission of the religious sisters of the congregation of the ‘Sisters of the Destitute’ is reflected in the very conception of Samaritan Hospital. The congregation which had its humble beginning in 1927, is involved in the care of the destitute and the sick by setting up hospitals, homes for the destitute, homes for the terminally ill and homes for rehabilitation of the mentally and physically challenged.
The inspiration to establish the hospital came from Rt. Rev. Msgr. George Valliarumpeth, late Director of the Congregation of the Sisters of the Destitute and shared by the then Superior General Rev. Sr. Savio and former Superior General Sr. Rose Mary.