Category: CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY
Relieving psychological distress or dysfunction is the aim of clinical psychology. Samaritan Hospital promotes subjective well-being and personal development of an individual; be it child or adult, so that he /she live a life with optimal quality.
The Department of Clinical Psychology offers a wide variety of comprehensive diagnostic tests, and therapeutic procedures. Our professional team of Psychiatrist, Clinical Psychologist and Medical Social Worker bound by the code of ethics; ensures unbiased treatment.
The treatment and assessment options available are in the following areas :
Emotional and behavioral problems
Evaluation and treatment of illnesses like :
- Episodic dyscontrol
- Pre-menstrual stress
- Mood disorders
- Psychotic disorders and Obsessive Compulsive Disorders
- Personality disorder
- Learning difficulties: Diagnose learning problems, types and severity of learning problems in a child, test academic skills and their scholastic performance level, Intelligence Quotient( IQ), Assess their aptitude, and provide guidance for treatment, along with study skills training, Parental training programs(Individual & group sessions) as well as diagnostic Psychometry for clinical conditions.
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD): Assessment and treatment of ADHD, Attention Enhancement training, individualized training for children based on their specific deficits.
- Conduct problems: Assessment and behavioral management of oppositional defiant behaviors, behavioral problems, impulsivity, truancy, destructive behavior, sexual misconduct as well as Contingency management for parents to handle such children.
- New age addictions: Gaming addiction, online Social Media Addiction, Mobile phone, computer& TV addictions (screen addiction disorders), Adolescent crises & Adjustment problems.
Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Cognitive Therapy, Dialectical behavior therapy, Psychotherapy, Brief Solution focused Psychotherapy, Supportive Psychotherapy, and Counseling for the following conditions.
- Anxiety Disorders: phobias, manias, generalized anxiety disorders, panic attacks, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Dissociative disorder, separation anxiety disorder
- Stress Management
- Mood disorders: depression, bipolar affective disorder, Dysthymia
- Substance related disorder
- De-addiction: Tobacco, Alcohol and other Substances.
- Individual counseling
- Marital counseling
- Career guidance counseling
Assessments and Therapies we offer
- Cognitive behavior therapy
- Neuro linguistic programming
- Motivational therapy
- Psychodynamic therapy
- Insight oriented psychotherapy
- Rational emotive behavior therapy
- Exposure and response prevention
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Parent management training
- Integrative psychotherapy
- Aversion therapy
- Marital /couple counseling
- Relaxation training
- SLD assessment & remedial training
- ADHD special assessment
- IQ assessments
- Diagnostic psychometry
- Aptitude tests
- Memory assessment
- Special diagnostic evaluation
- Specialty workshops (Students/teachers/parents)
- Learning and behavioral disorders
- Stress management in school children
- Memory enhancement
- Screen addition disorders
- Anti substance-use
- Personality development workshops
- Motivational workshops and talks.
- Customized workshops on request